Every year, we give and award to a dedicated instrumental music student, excelling in both band and jazz band, who also displays the following characteristics:
- They take pride in their work and cares a lot about other students success in music
- They show growth musically and personally, and push people to do their best
- Someone interested in different styles of music, and actively explores these different styles of music.
- Someone who reaches out to other students to collaborate and learn from each other.
- Shows leadership growth throughout their time in band.
- Someone who is self motivated to go beyond the classroom and engage in the broader world of music.
This award is given in honor of Crossett Brook’s first band teacher, Matt Clancy, who was a dedicated and inspirational music educator inspiring hundreds of students in their study of music. Matt tragically passed away in 2007. Its with great honor to his lasting legacy that we present this award.
2016 – Riley Gallagher
2017 – Aidan Flint
2018 – Tanum Nelson